- To motivate students to collect and communicate scientific information and update their knowledge about science
- To acquaint students to the thrust areas of science & there by develop their scientific temperament.
- To sensitize students towards current global environmental issues like plastic waste, electronic waste, sustainable biodiversity protection.
- To provide students an opportunity to interact with experts from different spheres of science.
Scope of the Association
- Formation of Science Club at the beginning of Academic Year
- Arranging Guest lectures
- Conducting Competitions
- Screening of Documentary film
- Organizing Exhibitions
Rules of functioning:
- The chairperson should arrange a meeting of all committee members in the beginning of the academic year to plan the activities for the year.
- All the activities of the association should be planned in collaboration with the student members.
- Science Club is to be formed in the beginning of academic year.
- Any science lover can be a member of Science club.
Activity Report 2019-20 (Term I):
Science Association Committee, had organized Science Exhibition on 9th August 2019. It included two sections:
- Exhibition on “Simple and Rapid Tests to Detect Food Adulteration”. Around 30 students from degree college demonstrated simple tests helpful to detect adulteration in Milk & Milk Products, Oils & Fats, Sugar & Confectionery, Food Grains & its products, Spices & Condiments, Fruits & Vegetables & Beverages.
- Exhibition on “Science Models” on topics like Application of Nano-sciences, Light, IOT devices (Internet of Things) and Bio-resources. Total 18 models (Static or working) were exhibited by science students of degree college enthusiastically
Committee for the year 2019-20
Chairperson: Dr. Seema Agashe
1)Ms. Sangita V. Patil
2)Ms. Sneha Pande
3)Ms. Ashwini Ravi
4) Ms. Pooja Jaiswal