The placement cell of the college is very active, helping the students in a proactive way. It functions throughout the year. Usually during the first half of the academic year the cell is busy in placing the successful students of previous academic year, whereas during the second half of the academic year and the summer vacation it aims at placement of the current year students.
1. To assist students in obtaining placement in industries/corporate sectors and public sectors.
2. To identify the needs and expectations of the employers pertaining to their recruitments.
3. To act as a link between students, alumni and the employment community.
1. Creating and maintaining database of final year students.
2. Maintaining database of various organizations interested in campus recruitments.
3. Establishing strategic links between students and organizations interested in campus recruitments.
4. Organizing orientation programme for the students prior to placement interviews.
5. Collecting post recruitment feedback from the employers as well as from the students.
Guidelines for functioning of the cell
1. Preference to be given for direct recruitments on pay roll.
2. Recruiting agency should forward the letter to the Principal, seeking permission for arranging campus drive. Letter can be sent through email/by hand/by post.
3. Placement cell should check the registration details, reputation, experience and authenticity of the hiring agencies.
4. An undertaking stating the job location, working conditions, pay packages should be obtained from hiring agencies.
5. Placement cell should obtain the letter of confirmation from recruiting agency for conducting drive specifying the details of authority or persons coming for conducting recruitment drive.
6. Entire procedure of selection should be completed at college campus and not anywhere else. In case, it is to be conducted off campus, required documents should be obtained from both the authorities.
7. Placement officer should consult Principal for fixing the date of placement drive and make necessary arrangements.
8. The cell should use email, bulk sms services and also telephonic contacts for prompt and effective communication with the students regarding recruitment opportunities and interview details. The cell should also request all heads of the departments to submit the list of students interested in campus recruitment.
Placement Cell for the academic year 2017-2018.
1 Dr. Kailas R. Jagdeo Chairperson
2 Mr. Kaustubh M. Vaijapurkar Member
3 CA Shalaka Shewde Member
4 Mr. Pritam Pawar Member
5 Mrs. Swapnali Bidkar-Giri Member
Dr. Kailas R. Jagdeo (M.Sc., B.Ed., Ph.D, NET, LL.B., GDC&A)
Tel. No.: 0251-2473282