“Library is not just about lending and borrowing the books but it is hub of all learning activities.”
Library of Dombivli Shikshan Prasarak Mandal’s K. V. Pendharkar College is among the large academic libraries in the district. Established along with the foundation of the institution, the library is well known for its enriched collection and remarkable user-centric services
We have a fully accommodating library with 73,000 + books and Reading Room facilities for students’, which is open daily from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm except holidays.
The library is automated with the latest technology using SLIM (Software for Library Information Management).
Stacking area: 2016 sq. ft.
Issue counter and display area: 606.12 sq. ft.
Students’ Reading Room: 2436 sq. ft.
Staff Reading Room: 315.4 sq. ft.
Internet Hub: 224 sq. ft.
Working hours –
|On working days
|7:00 am – 6:00 pm
||8:00 am – 6:00 pm
|Home Issue Counter
||8:45 am- 5.00 pm
||9:00 am – 6:00 pm
|Sundays and public holidays
Instructions for Students:
- Library Cards are issued by the library after the admissions. (As per the schedule put on the notice boards.) One latest colour photograph (stamp size) and original fee receipt are required while collecting the card.
- One book/ periodical is issued on a library card for a period of one week. Thereafter the student is liable to pay the fine (Rs.5 / day).
- The students can use the Identity card to borrow the book / Question paper / Newspaper / Syllabus for current reading only. The reading material issued on the Identity card must be returned on the same day failing which the students have to pay the fine (Rs.5 / day).
- Students are expected to use the library material very carefully
Library Advisory Committee
Library Advisory Committee is the supporting system that enables smooth functioning of routine operations as well as special activities for the users. Major functions of the committee are:
- Suggestions in library budget on the basis of users’ needs.
- Planning activities to motivate students to read.
- Suggest plans for technological up-gradation and overall improvement in the library infrastructure and services.
- Making the library staff aware of students’ needs and suggesting the ways to fulfil them.